Friday, June 24, 2011

The Basis for My Commentary

Those of you who have been reading my blog for some time know that I am quite willing to tell you what I think. If I think the government has overstepped its bounds, I feel like its my duty to tell you. If I think the industry is falling short somewhere, I’ll be the first to tell you that, too. What I haven’t really shared with you is why I feel confident making these statements.

I was on the original team that founded Mortgage Cadence and launched the first version (1.0) of our loan origination system back in 1999. Very recently, we launched version 6.1. Over the past 12 years, Mortgage Cadence has continued to invest in its industry and in the development of industry-leading technology. Every single year since 1999, even through the downturn, we never retreated from our goal.

Today, we’re the only technology firm that provides enterprise lending solutions to the forward lending market, the reverse lending market, the Home Equity Lending business and default servicing. We see lenders, servicers and borrowers on every side of this business, we study them and we build technology to meet their needs. This gives us one of the most holistic views of the housing market of any technology vendor in our industry.

So when I see someone doing something that does not serve the needs of the industry or the borrowers we serve, I’ll tell you about it. I know this is a rapidly changing industry. I can’t see every perspective and would love to know about yours. When you see something you agree with--or something you don’t--I’d love to read your comments. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment