Friday, June 29, 2012

Hot Rods and Car Shows


Recently, I have been able to take some time to travel for pleasure and digest everything that has taken place since the beginning of Spring. In taking some time to clear my mind and focus on one of my personal hobbies, I attended the 15th Colorado Nationals Good Guys Hot Rod and Custom Show in Loveland, Colorado earlier this month, which I have been a member of for many years now.


Along with my family, I brought along my ‘32 Highboy Roadster (see top photo), and even though it was not submitted for any awards, I was flagged down and given the Staff Choice Award. I have put a lot of heart into restoring this Roadster and was pleasantly surprised to win!

In addition to the Colorado show, my father and I packed up the trailer with my car and our motorcycles and headed out to Los Angeles for the 48th Annual L.A. Roadster Show.

Interestingly, the LA Roadster Show was formed in the early 50s when guys would stop at the original Big Boy drive-in restaurant located in Hollywood, ready to drag race. The club became official in 1957 and has now turned into a world-class swap meet. Over the course of 2 full days, we walked the several acres’ worth of motorcycles and hot rods. If you know what you’re looking for, you will find some absolutely amazing treasures for both motorcycle and hot rod enthusiasts alike.


At the end of it all, the time spent with friends and family allows me to recharge my batteries and get in a state of mind ready to tackle the coming weeks. What is your outlet when you want to take a break from work?





No comments:

Post a Comment